Outdoor and Adventurous
Our school grounds have many outdoor areas that the children have the freedom to acccess.
- Play areas for problem-solving/team-building games and activities
- ‘Playpod’ scrapstore and loose materials areas
- Denbuilding and wooded areas
- Pond area
- Playing fields and hedges
- Willow structures and tunnels
- ‘Golden Jubilee’ garden at our Hilperton site
- ‘Olympic’ gardens
- Playground equipment, trim trails and adventure island
- ‘Sing Up’ circle
- Music garden
- Vegetable gardens, class growing plots and polytunnels
Learning Outside the Classroom Silver award
We can proudly say we achieved the Learning Outside the Classroom Silver award in May 2012, the first primary school in the country to ever be awarded this!
Ofsted also identified our Early Years Environment as Outstanding for the provision the children use, both inside and outside the classroom.
Teaching and Learning