The Mead at WingfieldThe best of both worlds
“It is the best of both worlds; a village school setting and feel, with big school ambitions and resources.”
(The Mead at Wingfield parent, March 2019)
The Mead at Wingfield is set at the heart of the village with close links with the church and local community, benefiting from a beautiful rural setting. Staff and resources are shared between our two sites and The Mead at Wingfield maintains a small family feel where children naturally build friendships across year groups.
The Mead at Wingfield offers:
- Outstanding education for 3 – 11 year olds
- Wrap around care from 7.45am – 8.45am and 3.15pm – 4.15pm (more information about these sessions is available here)
- Four smaller-than-average classes, providing an engaging learning experience for all children (Mice – Nursery and Reception / Pine Martens – Years 1 and 2 / Hares – Years 3 and 4 / Hedgehogs – Years 5 and 6)
- A beautiful expanse of outdoor space, perfect for children who love playing and learning in the great outdoors
- A convenient location, easily accessible by car from both the A361 and A366
- A dedicated and experienced team of teachers, TAs and support staff – read more about all of them below
Meet The Mead at Wingfield Team
Mr Neil Griffiths is the class teacher of Mice class (Nursery and Reception), and the site leader of The Mead at Wingfield:
“As the site leader of The Mead at Wingfield, I will continue to drive the school forward and deliver the best possible provision for all of the children in the school. The Mead has long been recognised for excellence in Early Years education, with children being afforded a wide range of rich and engaging experiences to light learning sparks and nurture their emerging talents, and this is as true at Wingfield as it is at our Hilperton site.”
Pre-school: We are able to take children into the nursery from three years old. Free Entitlement for all children starts the term after their third birthday. We offer 30 hours of Free Entitlement (subject to availability and verification of the 30 hours code) in our core hours of 8.45am – 4.15pm. Breakfast Club (7.45am – 8.45am) can be booked in advance for £5 per child per session.
Main school (Years Reception – 6): There are currently places available at The Mead at Wingfield for Reception children starting in September 2019. Places are allocated following The Mead Academy Trust’s Admissions Process, which you can read about here.
Find out more
How to find us
The Mead at Wingfield is an 8 minute drive from Trowbridge town centre. It is very easy to get to from both the A361 and A366, making it a great choice of school for parents commuting to or from Trowbridge each day.
If you’d like to visit The Mead at Wingfield to see our fantastic space, and discover whether it’s the right school for you, just call us on 01225 759273 (option 3) or email Eve Moore, Administrator.